Data protection is a high priority at the University of Lübeck. Therefore, the protection of your personal data is of particular concern to us.
When handling your personal data, we comply with all relevant regulations (such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the German Telemedia Act (TMG), the State Data Protection Act LDSG-SH, the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG)) as amended. In addition, we take the technical and organizational measures necessary for appropriate data security.
In the following, we would like to inform you about how we process your personal data. You will find an overview of our data processing here. Depending on the relationship you have with us, the respective data processing applies to you.
Note: We always try to prepare the information in a comprehensible way. However, if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Person responsible for processing:
Universität zu Lübeck
Prof. Dr. med. Gabriele Gillessen-Kaesbach – Präsidentin –
Ratzeburger Allee 160
Tel.: +49 451 3101 1000
Institut für Multimediale und Interaktive Systeme (IMIS)
Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Nicole Jochems
Ratzeburger Allee 160
Tel.: +49 451 3101 5101
If your personal data is processed (collected, recorded, stored, evaluated, modified, read, queried, disclosed, disseminated, reconciled, linked, restricted, deleted, destroyed, etc.), you are a data subject within the meaning of the GDPR. As a data subject, you have the following rights against any controller who processes your personal data:
- Access (Art. 15 GDPR)
- Rectification (Art. 16 GDPR)
- Erasure (Art. 17 GDPR)
- Restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR)
- Data portability (Art. 20 GDPR)
- Right to object (Art. 21. GDPR)
Note on the right of objection
Pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, you have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you which is carried out on the basis of Art. 6 (1) lit.e or f GDPR. The right of objection may therefore be asserted if the processing
- is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller, or
- is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data (in particular where you are a child); and
- the controller cannot demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing does not serve to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
The right to object may also be exercised if the processing is carried out for direct marketing purposes.
If you believe that the processing of your personal data violates data protection law or that your data protection rights have been violated in any other way, please contact us. This will enable us to address your concerns. However, you also have the right to contact the Independent Center for Data Protection Schleswig-Holstein www.datenschutzzentrum.de.
Data Protection Officer
The University of Lübeck has appointed x-tention Informtaionstechnologie GmbH as its external data protection officer. This person primarily has the following tasks:
- It advises and monitors the University of Lübeck as an independent body with regard to compliance with obligations in connection with data protection requirements.
- In addition, the Data Protection Officer is available as a point of contact for data subjects. Data subjects may consult the Data Protection Officer on any matter relating to the processing of their personal data and the exercise of their rights under this Regulation.
The data protection officer is subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality in the performance of his/her duties (Art. 38 (5) GDPR). This applies in particular with regard to the identity of data subjects who contact or have contacted the data protection officer.
You can reach our data protection officer at
x-tention Informationstechnologie GmbH
Telefon: +49 451 3101 1903
Privacy information (overview)
- For visitors to the website
- For event management
- For management of requests for data subject rights
- For assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims
- Applications overview
- For the use of the app InfoGrid
We would like to point out that by using this website copyrights, name rights and trademark rights as well as other rights of third parties are to be observed. You agree to refrain from any improper use of the entire content (especially images, videos, fonts and trademarks).
Last revised: 04.03.2022